Monday, December 3, 2012

and so it goes

I hit the enter key.  I sent the email, the one to put our family out there.  This is the start of that journey.  First we will see if we qualify.  I think we qualify, we have love, we have space, we have resources, but most of all we have love and that feeling, the feeling that it is right.

The more I hear of the goings on of the world around us.  There is not a better time for our family to step out in faith.  Hearing of abuse, kidnapping and knowing we are a safe place makes me feel like it is to be.

I will receive papers in the mail.  Then there is a phone interview.  Then we will see if we make the cut.  We will see if we qualify to be a Foster family.  It's the first step in our country I feel for adoption choices.  The adoption choices are so limited - did you know Australia has the toughest adoption laws in the Western world?

I'm so excited!

Rach xx

2 comments:

  1. WOW, what an amazing thing you're doing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special person you are to go down that road, I wish you well and hope it is rewarding, fulfilling and filled with joy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...